Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, and Pesto Napoleon
2 Whole Vine ripe tomatoes, cut in 1/2" round slices
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, cut in 1/2" round slices
6 oz Pesto Vinaigrette
6 oz Balsamic glaze
- On a square plate, place tomato round followed by mozzarella round, continue sequence.
- Add a drizzle of pesto vinaigrette.
- Finish by garnishing with Fresh basil leaves, and balsamic glaze.
Pesto Vinaigrette: Ingredients
1 Cup Fresh Basil leaves
1 Cup Parsley
1/2 Cup Mint leaves
1/4 Cup Chives, rough chop
1/2 Cup Pine nuts, slightly toasted
4 Whole Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 Cup Parmesan reggiano cheese
2-3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
1 Cup Balsamic glaze
Salt & pepper to taste
- Place garlic, parmesan cheese, basil, mint, chives and pine nuts in a food processor.
- Turn food processor on and slowly add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place in a plastic bottle or bowl, refrigerate.
For best results use fresh and local ingredients